Listing/Retrieveing Metadata - NullPointer Exception

Nadzeya Polautsava

Mar 12, 2024, 8:35:23 AMMar 12
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Hello,

On one of the projects, I literally cannot retrieve any metadata, I always get "Cannot invoke "java.util.Map.get(Object)" because " " is null" error.

Does anyone know, how this could be fixed? Thanks!
Screenshot 2024-03-12 at 14.33.06.png

Scott

Mar 12, 2024, 8:38:37 AMMar 12
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, nadzeya.p...@aledus.com
Hi. My guess is that you're hitting the same issue described here:

There is a build attached to that issue that should resolve the problem if so. I plan to include that fix in the next official build which may be next week, though if this is affecting enough people (I'm only aware of two right now), I may issue a patch this week instead.

Please let me know whether or not that helps, and of course if it doesn't, I'll be happy to help you get past whatever issue is still present.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Nadzeya Polautsava

Mar 12, 2024, 8:47:14 AMMar 12
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Nadzeya Polautsava
It helped! Thank you, you saved my day :)

Scott

Mar 12, 2024, 8:50:00 AMMar 12
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, nadzeya.p...@aledus.com, Scott
Okay, I'm glad to hear that did it for you. It seems to be caused by some unexpected nested metadata folder (dashboards and/or reports) state in the target org. You're only the second person I've heard from about it, but my guess is that there are others who have also encountered it but haven't reported it. I may accelerate a patch release with the fix this week. Feel free to stay on that build until prompted to update as any update that is issued will include the same fix and be safe for you. Apologies for the inconvenience.

Regards,
Scott Wells