Regarding recent spam in this group

Scott

Jun 17, 2024, 12:27:07 PMJun 17
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Folks may have noticed an increased amount of spam/unsolicited advertising posted to this discussion group, both as top-level conversations and as replies to existing, legitimate conversations.

I had been marking those conversations/replies as spam and then subsequently deleting them to keep the group as clean and focused as possible, but that doesn't change the fact that folks who subscribe to the group might be getting a less optimal signal-to-noise ratio.

I enabled spam detection/management for the group (as well as the other IC2-related groups here), and while that helped, some messages were still getting through. I've also now enabled moderation of new posts -- and specifically posts from new group members -- to help manage this. On the positive side, those measures do seem to have helped; on the negative side, there may be a slight delay now before a new message is posted to the group, though trust that I'll try to approve -- and respond to -- legitimate posts in very short order whenever possible.

Apologies for the noise, but hopefully it'll be properly managed now.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Mark Bickford

Jun 19, 2024, 12:01:34 PMJun 19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott
I applaud any and all efforts you make on this! Good luck and thanks for all your hard work on IC!