Fields in forceignore retrieved

Vasilis Papanikolaou

Apr 25, 2024, 9:10:20 AMApr 25
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Hi Scott,

Is it expected behavior for IC2 to retrieve metadata declared in the forceignore file when working with a sandbox and a package.xml file?

Steps to reproduce:
1. I've configured forceignore to ignore metadata from the Pardot managed package with the following rule:
pi__*

2. The source and the package.xml do not contain any pi__* metadata,

3. Using sf project list ignored, I've confirmed that the metadata I want ignored are listed.

4. I retrieve all metadata for the module  with Subscribed Only checked and Subscribed by Parent unchecked.

5. pi__* custom fields are retrieved.

Thanks,
Vasilis

Scott

Apr 25, 2024, 9:35:27 AMApr 25
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, vasil...@gmail.com
No, that wouldn't be expected. The main reason I could see that happening is if you were also subscribed to the full object -- or IC2 thinks incorrectly that you are -- in which case its fields (and other subordinate metadata) would also be retrieved. Either way, if Use .forceignore is enabled and something explicitly excluded by that file is being retrieved, that's a bug. Please log a bug in the public issue tracker with clear steps to reproduce and I'll take a look.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Vasilis Papanikolaou

Apr 25, 2024, 10:08:30 AMApr 25
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Vasilis Papanikolaou
Yes indeed, I'm subscribed to the parent object (standard object). Use .forceignore is enabled.

I'll log it in the tracker.

Thanks a lot!