Support of sticky lines for APEX

Roman Prytkov

Apr 9, 2024, 1:01:36 PMApr 9
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Dear Scott,

I updated my WebStorm to 2024.1 and was notified about new feature - sticky lines:

I tried it and it works only with JS, not APEX. Looks like it requires support from IC2 side.

Do you have such plans?

Regards,
Roman Prytkov

Scott

Apr 9, 2024, 1:13:48 PMApr 9
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Roman Prytkov
Hi. Yes, I'm planning/hoping to support it in IC2. I'll likely investigate it next week as I'm in final testing on this week's release that's targeted for Thursday. The main obstacles would be:
  1. If the feature isn't properly exposed in the plugin SDK (unlikely).
  2. If it's difficult to implement the feature for IDE versions that support it while keeping those that don't (basically 2023.*) healthy. I won't know about this until I dig in, but it depends on how isolated the plugin extension point is. Fingers crossed that it's properly isolated such that older IDEs aren't even aware of its registration.
Regards,
Scott Wells

Scott

Apr 10, 2024, 2:33:33 PMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Roman Prytkov
Turns out that it was quite simple to implement as it just builds on standard breadcrumb support for the language. Tomorrow's build will include support for both breadcrumbs and sticky lines in Apex, e.g.:

ApexStickyLines.png

Regards,
Scott Wells

Roman Prytkov

Apr 12, 2024, 6:38:01 AMApr 12
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Roman Prytkov
Hi Scott,
Good to hear that you did it so fast!
Thank you!
Regards,
Roman Prytkov

среда, 10 апреля 2024 г. в 21:33:33 UTC+3, Scott:
Message has been deleted