How to get Code Coverage results to show.

Nathan Schleifer

Oct 26, 2015, 1:33:41 PM10/26/15
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
I right click the file I want to see code coverage/ click anaylze.  A window pops up with a title of ":Choose Coverage Suite To Display" There is Apex Coverage in the window.  I choose the check box ... Coverage Results.

I click Show Selected.  The window disappears.  I do not see where the results are showing.

Nathan

Scott

Oct 26, 2015, 1:58:33 PM10/26/15
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
The code coverage info is displayed in three primary locations:
  1. In the gutter area of editor itself for non-test classes. Covered executable lines are annotated in green and uncovered executable lines are annotated in red (the colors can be configured).
  2. In the Project View at the class, folder, and module levels for aggregate info.
  3. In the Coverage View that is generally docked to the lower-right of the window.
Here's a screenshot showing all three areas with coverage showing:

Let me know if that doesn't get you there.

Nathan Schleifer

Oct 26, 2015, 3:13:16 PM10/26/15
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
So Coverage is not showing up for me.  At the bottom right I see Event Log but there is no coverage.

Scott

Oct 26, 2015, 3:16:21 PM10/26/15
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
A couple of things to try: 1) Can you verify that you have the Coverage plugin enabled (Settings>Plugins)? 2) Can you show coverage using the menu item Analyze>Show Coverage Data and see if it shows properly?

lest...@gmail.com

Feb 26, 2017, 6:21:22 PM2/26/17
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
The Analyze > Show Coverage Data worked for me.

nati...@gmail.com

Mar 8, 2017, 9:20:51 PM3/8/17
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
mark
Message has been deleted

Joel Chacon

Mar 7, 2024, 8:59:06 AMMar 7
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, nati...@gmail.com
It works if you choose a theme such as Monokai Pro, you will see the test coverage in your code but it fails in the most of the themes

On Wednesday, March 8, 2017 at 9:20:51 PM UTC-5 nati...@gmail.com wrote:
mark

Scott

Mar 7, 2024, 9:27:29 AMMar 7
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Joel Chacon, nati...@gmail.com
I apologize but I'm not sure that I follow. I've not heard about any issues with coverage showing in a long while. It sounds like you're seeing such issues, but it also sounds like you're using custom third-party themes based on "theme such as Monokai Pro", correct? I haven't tested under non-JetBrains themes at all. Can you please confirm that you do see coverage properly when using the latest builds of both IC2 and the underlying JetBrains IDE with a standard/bundled theme applied?

Regards,
Scott Wells

Joel Chacon

Mar 7, 2024, 1:24:58 PMMar 7
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Joel Chacon, nati...@gmail.com

I am using IntelliJIDEA CE, the latest build (Build #IC-233.14475.28, built on February 13, 2024)

Code coverage doesn't work with the themes of the IDE such as: Darcula, Dark, Light, Light with Light Header but it works with the third-party theme "Monokai Pro (Filter Octagon)"

Scott

Mar 7, 2024, 1:33:11 PMMar 7
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Joel Chacon, Scott, nati...@gmail.com
My guess is that there's something going on with your IDE install as I'm not seeing that issue, nor have I heard about it from any other users (and not seeing coverage would tend to get a more broad and vocal response).

Here's coverage in light theme in IntelliJ IDEA CE:

Coverage_Light.png

And here's the same in dark theme:

Coverage_Dark.png

I'm happy to look at your idea.log file (Help | Show Log in Explorer/Finder/Files), but I'd recommend that you disable any custom theme plugins you have installed, restart the IDE, and see if things show up properly before doing so. My guess is that either another plugin is messing with the color schemes or the IDE install itself is in a bad state and you'd benefit from an uninstall/reinstall.

Regards,
Scott Wells