MacOs hotkey for Executing SOQL Queries

Timothy Chiang

Mar 31, 2024, 5:52:31 PMMar 31
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Question, does this mapping actually work? I thought Cmd+Opt+Shift+Q logs you out immediately without confirmation.

Scott

Apr 1, 2024, 10:16:50 AMApr 1
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, t...@blumauconsulting.com
It did until somewhat recently. I'm not sure when things changed and the OS started interpreting that hotkey directly as meaning Log Out. As far as I can tell, Log Out is Cmd+Shift+Q vs. Cmd+Opt+Shift+Q for the SOQL Query tool window, so it seems like it's only doing a partial check of the applied modifier keys which would be incorrrect. Of course, it's very unlikely that Apple will be fixing that anytime soon, though, so it probably makes sense to change that hot key on Mac to be something else now. I'll add that to my list.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Timothy Chiang

Apr 2, 2024, 12:15:21 PMApr 2
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Timothy Chiang
I will have to research... but I suspect sonoma removed the ability to remap system shortcuts.

Scott

Apr 2, 2024, 12:17:41 PMApr 2
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, t...@blumauconsulting.com, Scott
Hi. Sorry, I didn't mean remapping the OS hotkey but rather the IDE action hotkey. I've already committed these changes for the next build as there were a few hotkeys in the default keymap that conflict with OS-level actions on both Mac and Linux (specifically under GNOME). I've remapped those actions at the IDE-level not to conflict. Upon release (likely Thursday morning), those keyboard shortcut changes will be described in the release notes, of course shown clearly in the IDE itself for those actions, and updated on the Web site.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Timothy Chiang

Apr 2, 2024, 12:19:39 PMApr 2
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Timothy Chiang
oh gotcha! TYVM!