Failure to detect "MD" custom meta

Alex Chereshnev

Jun 4, 2024, 4:44:57 AMJun 4
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Hi Scott,

I noticed that a custom metadata entry with the label "MD" doesn't switch from "Server Only" to "Local + Server" when downloaded. Seems to me, the code is not handling the file extension properly in this case. Cheers :)

Screenshot 2024-06-04 at 10.40.36.png

Scott

Jun 4, 2024, 8:43:01 AMJun 4
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, chethe...@gmail.com
Hi. My guess is that it's due to a conflict between Salesforce's usage of "*.md" for custom metadata and the world-at-large's usage of "*.md" for Markdown files. Is this in a metadata format (pre-Salesforce DX) project, by chance? Are the files on disk named "*.md" or "*.md-meta.xml"? I'm assuming the former as the latter wouldn't be subject to that potential conflict.

Regards,
Scott Wells
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted