Problem with comparing apex classes with server or refreshing metadata

Paweł Iwanowicz

Dec 2, 2021, 10:34:09 AM12/2/21
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Hi,

I've just noticed, that neither the "compare with the server" nor "refresh metadata" option works. Whenever I'm trying to use one of them, I just get the below message and nothing else happens:

Retrieved 2/2 components from TestProject in 5 s 300 ms with status SUCCEEDED.

Successes
=========
• C:/Users/pawel/AppData/Local/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2021.3/tmp/Test-TestProject-retrieve2/tmp/force-app/main/default/classes/TestClass.cls
• C:/Users/pawel/AppData/Local/JetBrains/IntelliJIdea2021.3/tmp/Test-TestProject-retrieve2/tmp/force-app/main/default/classes/TestClass.cls-meta.xml

Previously comparing with the server always opened a new window with the comparison but now it seems like it's not working. I'm wondering if this could be related to the newest version of IntelliJ (2021.3) or is this a problem with my configuration (however previously it was working fine).

Best regards,
Paweł.

Scott

Dec 2, 2021, 10:39:21 AM12/2/21
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Paweł Iwanowicz
Hi. Yes, there are issues with 2021.3 that JetBrains is working to address:

Please revert to 2021.1.3 or 2021.2.3 until those issues are resolved.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Paweł Iwanowicz

Dec 3, 2021, 3:01:07 AM12/3/21
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott
Hi Scott,

I've reverted to 2021.2.3 but the problem still persists. I'm wondering if this may be something with the configuration? When I'm trying to use "refresh metadata" it tells me that no components were refreshed (however the file on the server is different than the local one). I've made sure that all the files are added to the metadata subscription. Strangely enough, the "retrieve metadata" is working correctly.

Best regards,
Paweł.

Paweł Iwanowicz

Dec 3, 2021, 5:37:11 AM12/3/21
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott
I've done some other checks and on another project everything seems to work just fine (both refresh and compare with server). The only difference in the connection is that the one that is working is using native connection with MDAPI structure and the one that isn't is using OAuth connection with the Source API structure. However, the second one was working without problems some time ago.

Moreover, when I select "compare with server" for example on a single .cls file, it's not working - but when I'll do this on the whole "classes" directory, then it's showing the window with comparison.

Best regards,
Paweł.

Scott

Dec 3, 2021, 9:41:43 AM12/3/21
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Paweł Iwanowicz, Scott
Paweł, please enable debug logging for metadata retrieval, reproduce the behavior, and email the resulting idea.log* file(s) to sup...@illuminatedcloud.com for review. Please also include your project's .iml file so I can confirm that your content and source roots are configured properly.

Regards,
Scott Wells