Questions Regarding IntelliJ Community License Compatibility and Deletion Issues in Illuminated Cloud 2

akippiko san (akippiko)

May 31, 2024, 9:46:30 PMMay 31
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Dear Support Team,

I have two questions regarding Illuminated Cloud 2:

1. Can Illuminated Cloud 2 be used with the IntelliJ Community license?

2. When I select a class to delete from the project tree and right-click to delete it, the associated -meta.xml file used to be deleted as well. However, it is no longer being deleted. Additionally, after performing the deletion, a dialog used to appear asking if I wanted to delete the file from the server as well, but this dialog no longer appears. The "propagate local deletes" option is checked.

Version: 2024.1.2

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,

Scott

Jun 1, 2024, 5:06:28 PMJun 1
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, akip...@gmail.com
Hi. Regarding Community Edition, yes, it IC2 can be used with the free versions, but you do lose first-class JavaScript and CSS support (as well as a few other things). Please see this for more details:

Regarding automatic removal of supporting meta.xml files, I'm not aware of such a bug, but I'll check it out on Monday and take care of it for the next build if it's present. Apologies for the inconvenience, and thank you for bringing it to my attention.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Chris S

Jun 3, 2024, 10:56:44 AMJun 3
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, akip...@gmail.com
Scott,

As a second data point, I can confirm I have also been seeing #2 for a few weeks now (class deletion isn't particularly common so I kept forgetting to submit something)

Thanks in advance,
Chris

Scott

Jun 3, 2024, 10:58:13 AMJun 3
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Chris S, Scott, akip...@gmail.com
Hi. Yes, I reproduced it this morning and will deliver a fix in this week's build. Not sure how/when that happened (and not at all happy with myself that it did), but I'll get it fixed up very shortly.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Scott

Jun 3, 2024, 11:27:25 AMJun 3
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Scott, Chris S, akip...@gmail.com
And now I've committed a fix for it to be delivered in Thursday's build.

Regards,
Scott Wells
Message has been deleted