on a mac - problem trying to configure PMD inspections

Patrick Visniewski

May 17, 2024, 3:02:06 PMMay 17
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
simple issue really
On a mac, latest OS and apple Mx processor, the dialog to browse to the PMD distro I think is misconfigured.

The value on the mac needs to be something like

/usr/local/share/pmd/bin/pmd

Where the file "pmd" is the pmd script to run PMD.

But the file browser in IDEA seems to be configured to expect the targeted destination to be a directory rather than a file.

So at best I can use the file browser to the path value to

/usr/local/share/pmd/bin

I have to manually suffix on "/pmd" to the path after browsing to it.

Can you fix this eventually?

Scott

May 17, 2024, 3:28:11 PMMay 17
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, Patrick Visniewski
The target directory actually is a directory and not a binary. You're selecting the "PMD distribution", not the "PMD executable". IC needs the distribution because it uses the jars from that distribution to execute PMD in-process. For example, this is my PMD Salesforce inspection config:

PMD_Salesforce_Config.png

Regards,
Scott Wells