String replacement

jackalpha ryan

Feb 29, 2024, 7:14:05 PMFeb 29
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
I am using sf cli in my deployments using sf cli. (see https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/atlas.en-us.sfdx_dev.meta/sfdx_dev/sfdx_dev_ws_string_replace.htm)

My sfdx-project.json is configured as below sample:
"replacements": [
{
"filename": "force-app/main/default/workflows/Case.workflow-meta.xml",
"stringToReplace": "${SF_REP_001_FCC_ESCALATION_EMAIL}",
"replaceWithEnv": "SF_REP_001_FCC_ESCALATION_EMAIL",
"allowUnsetEnvVariable": true
}

The env variable is being set through a script.

When pushing/deploying through IC, is there a way to use this sf-cli feature instead of the Substitution Rules?

Scott

Mar 1, 2024, 8:52:18 AMMar 1
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A, jtrya...@gmail.com
Those will be used anytime IC2 uses the CLI, but there are times when it won't as an optimization. This includes times when it can use the Tooling API and also times when it can use the Metadata API directly instead of having to use the CLI. The former can be explicitly disabled in Illuminated Cloud | Configure Application | Validation and Deployment; the latter cannot currently be disabled, though. If you'd like to see an option to disable any direct deployment via the API, please feel free to log an enhancement request in the public issue tracker and I'll be happy to take a look.

Regards,
Scott Wells