I'm unable to deploy project to different org

William Grymuza

Apr 10, 2024, 4:49:22 PMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
When I deploy my project to the sandbox in which I was working, I can see all components in the package file which are being deployed.
However, as soon as I change the connection to different sandbox, the content of the package is no longer showing in the deployment window and nothing can be deployed to different orgs. Same with the production org.

I'm trying to deploy 2 classes, and that's including the test class.

First screenshot shows the package content of what would be deployed to UAT2 sandbox, the second one shows what happens if I try to change the connection.

What am I doing wrong???
Screenshot 2024-04-10 214751.png
Screenshot 2024-04-10 214859.png

Scott Wells

Apr 10, 2024, 4:57:38 PMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, william...@circet.co.uk
I'm not sure why that would happen given how you have the dialog configured. It should be showing all local metadata aligned against the target org metadata. Do you mind reproducing the behavior and then immediately sending me your idea.log file for review? You can find it using Help | Show Log in Explorer.

Regards,
Scott Wells

William Grymuza

Apr 10, 2024, 5:10:10 PMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, William Grymuza
Probably should mention few things:
  1. This only happens in this project. In other projects when I change connection, content of the package doesn't disappear.
  2. This project worked fine before I tried before I tried to deploy to different sandbox. I chose wrong tests level, didn't want to wait for all tests to complete, so I cancelled deployment in the SF org on the Deployment Status page. Since this moment, I can only deploy those files to the original sandbox I had them first.
  3. Those files are new - they do not exist in any other sandbox (except uat2, where they were deployed without any problems).
  4. I created new project, pulled those files from the sandbox and was able to deploy without any issues to other sandboxes and production by now. Since it's only 2 files, there was practically no time lost.

For the small projects like this one, re-creating it is not an issue. But I do sometimes have projects consisting of hundreds of files, between apex, reports, LWC, etc. Not always feasible to re-create project should this error happen again, especially if the files weren't all pushed to an org and would need to be manually copied between projects...

Scott Wells

Apr 10, 2024, 5:39:25 PMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, william...@circet.co.uk
Yeah, there should be no reason to have to create a new project. I am curious as to what's happening, though, as I do what you're trying to do all the time. The only notable difference is that none of my target orgs are production orgs, but that shouldn't change the contents of that window, only the available options, e.g., Ignore Errors would be disabled (as in your original screenshot).

If you're still having this issue -- or certainly if you do again -- I'd love to see some logs so I can get to the bottom of whatever is happening.

Regards,
Scott Wells

William Grymuza

Apr 10, 2024, 5:49:18 PMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, sc...@illuminatedcloud.com, William Grymuza
I just sent you the logs by email.

I still have this project, won't be deleting it anytime soon, in case you'd need something else from it.

Cheers,
William