Getting weird error while creating Apex and LWC components

Sonal Chaudhary

Feb 9, 2024, 1:55:18 PMFeb 9
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
I recently installed your plugin in Webstorm. Getting error while creating a new Apex class. Is there something I am missing, or do I need to add additional steps? I do have sfdx installed in my system. I am running webstorm on apple m2 pro.

Cannot invoke "com.illuminatedcloud.intellij.builder.ForceComBuilder.runIgnoringFileCreationEvents(com.intellij.openapi.util.Computable)" because the return value of "com.illuminatedcloud.intellij.builder.ForceComBuilderManager.getForceComBuilder(com.intellij.psi.PsiElement)" is null

I also noticed that I am getting a different error when I create a LWC component.

Cannot invoke "com.illuminatedcloud.intellij.builder.ForceComBuilder.runIgnoringFileCreationEvents(com.intellij.openapi.util.ThrowableComputable)" because " " is null

Scott Wells

Feb 9, 2024, 2:03:10 PMFeb 9
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, Sonal Chaudhary
Nope, that sounds like a bug (as would be anything saying "because ... is null"). Can you please email your idea.log file (Help | Show Log in Explorer/Finder/Files) to sup...@illuminatedcloud.com so I can see where/why that's happening? It would also be useful if you could provide your project's .iml file for review and the path of the directory where you're trying this action so I can see if the underlying cause is just a project configuration issue.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Sonal Chaudhary

Feb 9, 2024, 2:55:41 PMFeb 9
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, Scott Wells, Sonal Chaudhary
The issue is fixed. After I connected my project with Salesforce, .idea folder got created and then everything worked smoothly.

Thanks for your help Scott.