IC2 can't change salesforce connection

Greg Shaw

Jan 31, 2024, 12:19:48 AMJan 31
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Whenever I attempt to change my salesforce connection nothing changes. I will get a 'Refreshing connections' sometimes but I don't get anything else. No 'Would you like to update module to use OAUTH connection...' And the connection status in the bottom right stays the same.
I have restarted numerous times and the connection does't appear to use the value in the .iml file as an initial value.
I have tried changing to a range of connections but the current connection stays the same.

I recently updated to @salesforce/cli/2.25.7. Don't know if that is what caused this but it happened around the same time.

I have attached idea.log captured when I tried to change connections upon start up.

Any ideas welcome.

Thanks, Greg.
idea.log

Scott Wells

Jan 31, 2024, 9:54:07 AMJan 31
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, greg....@gmail.com
Hi. I apologize for the delayed response but this came in overnight for me. I am seeing an error in the logs:

2024-01-31 15:55:16,216 [ 233122] SEVERE - #c.i.o.u.ObjectTree - Cannot invoke "com.illuminatedcloud.intellij.settings.project.IlluminatedCloudConnection.getDevelopmentPackages()" because "<local4>" is null
java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke "com.illuminatedcloud.intellij.settings.project.IlluminatedCloudConnection.getDevelopmentPackages()" because "<local4>" is null
at com.illuminatedcloud.intellij.statusbar.SetConnectionForModuleAction.actionPerformed(SourceFile:177)
at com.intellij.openapi.actionSystem.ex.ActionUtil.doPerformActionOrShowPopup(ActionUtil.java:344)

I'm not 100% certain why that error is occurring as it's saying that the selected module is null and I wouldn't think it would even get to that point with a null module. I'll investigate that, but you can set the connection for the module in an alternative manner in Illuminated Cloud | Configure Project by clicking the cell in the Connection column and choosing the desired connection, then clicking OK. If that also fails, my guess is that there's something misconfigured in the project which would explain the null module when you tried to do this the other way. Please let me know if that's the case and I'll help you to troubleshoot the project configuration.

Regards,
Scott Wells