License Activation Error

Michael Konyk

Mar 17, 2024, 3:13:11 PMMar 17
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hi Scott. I tried to activate my IC2 license on a new laptop but got errors related to TurboActivate software.
Screenshot 2024-03-17 200518.png

It is strange as I used my license on different devices and it always worked well.
I checked my Network Adapters but they are all enabled.
Screenshot 2024-03-17 200637.png
Do you think this could be related to Killer Network software? It should not be as I`ve used MSI motherboard with software in the past and had no issues with IC2.
Could you please help me fix this error?

Scott Wells

Mar 17, 2024, 3:56:23 PMMar 17
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, michae...@gmail.com
Before we look at potential software interactions, let's rule out a few things. There can often be "hidden" network adapters found by the third-party licensing software used by Illuminated Cloud 2 that aren't as obvious. The first steps requested by the licensing software vendor will be the following, though:
  • Make sure that the operating system, all network adapter device drivers, and the machine's BIOS are fully up-to-date on patches. I know it seems kind of silly to go so far as the BIOS, but the licensing software generates a unique machine "fingerprint" using a number of things including the MAC addresses of all of the machine's network adapters, and (as I understand it), older BIOSes can report things incorrectly.
  • Make sure that all network interfaces including virtual interfaces for virtual machines and similar are enabled, at least for the duration of the license activation.
  • With all of that applied, restart Windows and see whether the issue is still present. If it is, please have the end user reach out directly as I will need them to gather some diagnostics that I can share with the licensing software vendor for further feedback.
If that doesn't resolve the issue we can certainly look at the other software and whether it might be causing problems. I'll also need to get some diagnostic information from you to provide to the licensing software vendor so they can provide further guidance. Please reach out directly via email and I'll let you know how to collect that information.

Regards,
Scott Wells