Code Coverage & deploy on save

William Grymuza

Apr 10, 2024, 5:56:51 AMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Good morning all.
Apologies if this is not the right place to ask, but I struggle to find those 2 options in IC2.

I'm new to this IDE, I was using Visual Studio Code up to now.

I've worked out most of the options myself already and started building projects for SF.
I'm struggling to find the following:
  • How do I enable code coverage highlighting in apex classes?
  • Where is the option to enable 'deploy on save'?

I'm not very familiar with the interface yet, so if someone could guide me I'll be very grateful.

Tried googling this, but every post I find assumes that I already know where are the options to enable/disable those and only shows how they work.

Thanks in advance,
William

Scott Wells

Apr 10, 2024, 9:39:47 AMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, william...@circet.co.uk
Hi. I'm happy to help. Code coverage can be displayed in two ways. The most common during active development would be by running Apex unit tests for coverage in which case coverage information is retrieved and displayed immediately upon completion of unit test execution. Once a coverage suite has been created in such a manner, you can also show it explicitly using Illuminated Cloud | Manage Coverage Reports (which is an alias for the IDE's own action to provide a consistent location for that action across all supported JetBrains IDEs). You can find more information on both of these here:

Deploy-on-save is enabled by default and can be configured under Illuminated Cloud | Configure Application in both the Validation and Deployment and Salesforce DX tabs as appropriate for the project type. The options should be well-documented in the linked user guide topics, but it's worth noting that the Deploy on save option must be enabled for any deploy-on-save functionality to work, and in a source-tracked project (i.e., against a scratch org or source-tracked sandbox), you can also selectively enable IDE file management actions which should also trigger deployment via a push action.

Hopefully that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions after reviewing that material.

Regards,
Scott Wells

William Grymuza

Apr 10, 2024, 9:52:43 AMApr 10
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, sc...@illuminatedcloud.com, William Grymuza
Thank you kindly Scott!
I worked out the 'manage coverage reports' by now, but somehow I missed the 'run with coverage' option (it shows in the dropdown for me).

I remember seeing the Deploy On Save when I first opened the IntelliJ, but I also unticked it without much thinking and for the love of me, I couldn't find it again :D

Thank you again, I'll go back to reading the manual :P

Regards,
William