Delete functionality spreads beyond selected metadata

Matthew Chevalier

Sep 19, 2023, 9:49:42 AM9/19/23
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
The few times I've decided to use the delete metadata deployment functionality of IC, I've consistently experienced IC attempting to delete large swaths of the metadata in my org besides just the metadata I selected.

Has anyone else experienced this?
I struggle to understand the cause for this behavior.

Scott Wells

Sep 19, 2023, 9:52:28 AM9/19/23
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, mat...@ctcforce.com
That certainly sounds scary, but it's not something I've experienced myself (I use that feature quite frequently) or heard about from others, and the Delete Metadata feature uses the exact same mechanisms for metadata selection as Deploy Metadata and Retrieve Metadata, so it seems like any issue there would affect those actions as well.

If you can reproduce this, please do so with debug logging enabled for Metadata Removal and for Salesforce DX, then send me the resulting idea.log for review.

Regards,
Scott Wells