Fleet support in the future?

Nithesh Chakravarthi Nekkanti

May 23, 2023, 9:07:02 AM5/23/23
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Do you have any plans to support Fleet Code Editor, the JetBrains VS Code alternative, in the future? I’m currently using WebStorm with Illuminated Cloud 2, and I’m playing around with Fleet in its public preview.

I am pretty sure this wont be free like vs code but may come with community edition or with cheaper price than current IDE's with the standard Jetbrains magic.

Scott Wells

May 23, 2023, 9:33:40 AM5/23/23
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, Nithesh Chakravarthi Nekkanti
Hi. Here's what I posted on Fleet back when it was first announced:

At this point I (and other JetBrains plugin developers) am waiting for them to provide a formal plugin SDK. They are committed to doing so, but at this point it's still too early in the product development cycle for them to make it available.

The general thoughts in the posting linked above still hold, though. My guess is that the Fleet integration will be a subset of what's available in the full version of Illuminated Cloud 2 simply because of a more narrow set of plugin extensibility points.

So unfortunately I can't really speak about timing or content for such an integration, but I do plan to support Fleet in some manner once it's viable to do so.

Regards,
Scott Wells

Nithesh Chakravarthi Nekkanti

May 23, 2023, 9:39:22 AM5/23/23
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, Scott Wells, Nithesh Chakravarthi Nekkanti
Scott,

Thank you for your email and for sharing your thoughts on JetBrains Fleet. It’s good to know that you plan to support Fleet in some manner once the SDK is available.
I appreciate your insights and will keep them in mind.