Retrieving flows with custom error step

Ryan Baronda

Mar 27, 2024, 6:06:39 AMMar 27
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hi Scott,

I have a record-triggered flow with custom error step on sandbox org. When I retrieve using "Retrieve Metadata...", the metadata file does not include the <customErrors> block. This is causing an error when deploying to a test sandbox. The error is " Invalid element reference <name of the step> not found for target"

However, when I try to use the sf cli via "sf project retrieve start" command, the <customErrors> block gets included on the metadata. Is there a way this can work via IC2?

Screenshot 2024-03-27 205958.png

Scott Wells

Mar 27, 2024, 8:57:19 AMMar 27
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion, Ryan Baronda
Hi. The contents of retrieved metadata is going are going to be determined by Salesforce and not by IC2. My guess is that if you retrieve the same flow via another mechanism, e.g., the Salesforce CLI directly, it will have the same contents. It's worth confirming that, though. If so, I would recommend that you log an issue in the Salesforce CLI public issue tracker; if you don't see the same behavior via the CLI, I'll need to get debug logs for the retrieval so I can see exactly what's happening. Please let me know if that's the case and I'll provide instructions on exactly how to produce those logs.

Regards,
Scott Wells