Lightning Web Component creation meta files created as Static Resource

kingj...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2019, 1:56:19 PM1/17/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hi,

When creating lwc the meta file is being created as a static resource. Looks like this.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <cacheControl></cacheControl>
    <contentType></contentType>
    <description></description>
</StaticResource>

This breaks deployment. If I update the meta file to the lightning web component definition it works. How can I get it to create that way?

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Jan 17, 2019, 2:04:24 PM1/17/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
That sounds like a bug. Let me try to reproduce this evening and, assuming that I can easily, I'll just fix it and include it in the next build (which I'm currently targeting for tomorrow morning). I'll let you know either way. Thanks for reporting!

Regards,
Scott Wells

kingj...@gmail.com

Jan 17, 2019, 2:17:17 PM1/17/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Thanks for the quick reply!

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Jan 17, 2019, 9:36:16 PM1/17/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hi. I'm unable to reproduce the described behavior. Here's the meta.xml file I get when I create a new lightning web component named Foo:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<LightningComponentBundle xmlns="http://soap.sforce.com/2006/04/metadata">
<apiVersion>45.0</apiVersion>
<description>Foo</description>
<isExposed>false</isExposed>
<masterLabel>Foo</masterLabel>
</LightningComponentBundle>

and everything deploys just fine. Can you verify that you're on the most recent build of the product and see if the same behavior occurs? If it does, can you please provide the exact steps you're using to create the LWC component and your idea.log (Help>Show Log in Explorer/Finder/Files) so I can look for any exceptions/errors? Feel free to email it to me if you'd like.

Regards,
Scott Wells

nithesh.ch...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2019, 12:53:44 PM2/1/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
I am also experiencing same problem.
I created a new Project and Linked my Spring-19 DevOrg (also tried with sandbox)

then  created a new LWC, which prompted me to add it to subscription and I did. Then got the partial deployment success.

Is it only working for scratch orgs?

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Feb 1, 2019, 12:57:32 PM2/1/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
It will only work for orgs with the LWC feature enabled. The easiest way to get such an org is to get a pre-release Spring '19 org, configure it as a dev hub, and use that dev hub to create a scratch org. I believe you can also request that Salesforce support enable LWC in other pre-release orgs. The feature is not enabled in arbitrary Spring '19 pre-release orgs to my knowledge, though.

Let me know if that doesn't help.

Regards,
Scott Wells

nithesh.ch...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2019, 1:14:46 PM2/1/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Yes, I am using Pre-release Spring 19 Org. But didin't configure it as a Dev Hub.

in this Link, they didint mention anthing about configuring as DevHub. https://developer.salesforce.com/docs/component-library/documentation/lwc/lwc.get_started_sfdx_deploy

kingj...@gmail.com

Feb 1, 2019, 1:59:13 PM2/1/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Some more anecdotes. I worked from home this week because I was sick. I didn't have intelliJ and illuminatedClould installed on my machince at home.

There I installed the UE edition and IlluminatedCloud. I had no issues.

When I came back to work I tried uninstalling IlluminatedCloud as well as scraping my current projects. Still have the issue on this machine. You can just change the metadata as a work around. I thinking I might just try a fresh install on everything as my next steps.

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Feb 1, 2019, 2:01:03 PM2/1/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Please let me know. I've added some debug logging for the next build to help figure this out, so one way or the other we'll see if we can corner the behavior a little better since it does continue to happen for you.

Thanks for the update! I hope you're feeling much better.

Regards,
Scott

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Feb 3, 2019, 10:14:04 PM2/3/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Another user has reported the same issue here:

Let's track the status in that issue. As I mentioned in my most recent comment there, I've implemented a few things that might fix this, though since I can't reproduce it I can't be sure. If not, though, I have a ton of additional debug logging that should help to pin down what's going on.

Regards,
Scott

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Feb 5, 2019, 7:03:48 PM2/5/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
I imagine you already saw this on the linked issue, but this has been resolved with the latest build (2.0.5.4). Please let me know if you continue to see the issue after updating.

Regards,
Scott