Upgrading IntelliJ

rohit....@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2019, 5:08:47 PM3/27/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A

I upgraded my IntelliJ and after that all my Illuminated Cloud projects have stopped working.
It seems they cannot connect to Salesforce or are not being recognized as Salesforce projects.

Nothing happens if I run SOQL Query or Anonymous Apex.

If I try to create a new project, nothing happens after I click Test on the New Connection page.

Any ideas on how to resolve.

Thanks

Scott

Mar 27, 2019, 8:00:25 PM3/27/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Rohit, I'm sorry to hear about these problems. I've been running the 2019.1 RC for a week or so without any issues. Can you please send me your idea.log (Help>Show Log in Explorer/Finder/Files) so I can see what's going on? Once you do that, you can always revert to 2018.3.6 until I figure it out.

Regards,
Scott Wells

rohit....@gmail.com

Mar 27, 2019, 8:10:46 PM3/27/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Will email the logs to Support.

I just checked the logs.
Seems the issue is;
Last Action: IlluminatedCloud.ForceSave
2019-03-27 13:16:21,555 [1379658]  ERROR - .impl.MessageBusConnectionImpl - javax/xml/ws/Service
java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: javax/xml/ws/Service

Is some classpath/path missing?

Scott

Mar 27, 2019, 8:13:00 PM3/27/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
That's just a standard JVM class that it's unable to find:

You should uninstall and reinstall the base IDE. It doesn't sound like the upgrade was successful, or something was corrupted in the process. A scorched earth reinstall should resolve that for you.

Regards,
Scott

je...@forceevangelist.com

Mar 27, 2019, 10:08:42 PM3/27/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
For what its worth, the 'auto upgrade' to IntelliJ 2019.1 totally trashed my config and I had to re-install from scratch, restore my saved IntelliJ settings (I use a git repo), and re-install IC2.

If you're thinking of applying the update, do it when you have an hour to kill.

Scott

Mar 27, 2019, 10:12:45 PM3/27/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
Man, I'm sorry to hear that. Sounds like that's at least two people who have had a bad upgrade of the base IDE. I installed (vs. upgraded) 2019.1 RC when it was released a week or so back, and then today I upgraded that to 2019.1 GA. I haven't had any issues, but I also didn't try an in-place upgrade.

In general I would recommend parallel installs for major new builds. Some of these small patches, e.g., 2018.3.6 from 2018.3.5, are generally fine, but when you're talking about a major seasonal release, downloading the full installer and just installing it beside the current installed version seems like the safest bet to me.

Regards,
Scott

Scott

Apr 2, 2019, 9:49:46 AM4/2/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
FYI, I have a bit more information on these failures after upgrading to 2019.1. Evidently the problem occurs if you choose the Java 11 JRE to host the IDE due to the removal of classes from the JDK in that version. I will be updating Illuminated Cloud not to rely on those classes, but until then please ensure that you're choosing a Java 8 JRE to host the IDE to avoid this issue.

Regards,
Scott

pulsa...@gmail.com

Apr 4, 2019, 10:19:11 PM4/4/19
to Illuminated Cloud Q&A
I used instructions on this link to switch the JRE version used by intelliJ, works well after

Thanks Scott,