Retrieve Wave Metadata

pao...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2017, 8:40:27 AM9/6/17
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hello,
I am trying to retrieve all  wave analytics  metadata  from a sandbox using illuminated Cloud. It seem like it doesn't work.
Please could you advise me on this point.

thanks in advance.

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Sep 6, 2017, 9:16:32 AM9/6/17
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hi. I apologize but I don't have immediate access to an org with Wave enabled right now. What are the metadata types that you're trying to retrieve? How are you trying to include them in your metadata subscription? I'll see if I can get to a point where I can try to reproduce this as well.

Regards,
Scott Wells

pao...@gmail.com

Sep 6, 2017, 9:40:02 AM9/6/17
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
 I am trying to retrieve this metadata types,

WaveApplication Yes Represents the Wave Analytics application.
WaveDashboard Yes Represents the WaveDashboard object in the Wave Analytics application.
WaveDataflow Yes Represents the WaveDataflow object in the Wave Analytics application.
WaveDataset Yes Represents the WaveDataset object in the Wave Analytics application.
WaveLens Yes Represents the WaveLens object in the Wave Analytics application.
WaveTemplateBundle Yes Represents a Wave Analytics template bundle, which can be used to create Wave apps. A bundle contains a Wave template definition and all its related resources.
Wavexmd Yes Represents the WaveXmd object in the Wave Analytics application.

For to perfom that   i have changed the module setting and set the subscription on selected. select then those metadata types and apply. At the end i have tried to retrieve them from my sandbox.

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Sep 6, 2017, 9:42:30 AM9/6/17
to discu...@illuminatedcloud.com
Thanks. I grabbed a Wave-enabled DE org and am looking at it now. It retrieved the metadata on the initial retrieval but doesn't seem to be including it on subsequent retrievals. Trying to figure out why and whether there's a workaround until I can implement a real fix. I'll post an update based on my findings very shortly.

Regards,
Scott

sc...@illuminatedcloud.com

Sep 6, 2017, 9:59:52 AM9/6/17
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hmmmm...so unfortunately there doesn't really seem to be a decent workaround right now. The issue is that these metadata types converge on a single folder unlike all other Salesforce metadata types. So the wave folder contains *.wds, *.wdash, *.wapp, etc.  When the IDE reconciles local metadata with server metadata, it does so through a filter based on the folder name and file extension associated with each metadata type.  That well-defined coupling breaks down for these types.  I've logged an issue for this:

but it's unlikely I'll be able to turn around a quick fix safely given that this is in the core of how metadata type/file matching works in the metadata retrieval engine.  I'll take a look over the next few days and see if I can resolve this.  I apologize that I can't provide a faster resolution that that.  Please watch the referenced issue for progress.

Best regards,
Scott

johnh...@gmail.com

Feb 22, 2019, 4:35:14 PM2/22/19
to Illuminated Cloud General Discussion
Hi, I have the same issue and have been watching the bitbucket issue for a while. I'm curious if there is a reasonable workaround I can implement locally, I've successfully installed ant and have it setup to retrieve my wave data. If I move these files manually into my IC2 idea project's wave folder, would the same coupling you speak of between folder name and file extension break deployment? My thought was add *.wds, *.wdash, *.wapp to idea's recognized JSON file types, but not sure what sort of trouble I'll be getting myself into.