Possible change in IIT Gmail spam filter algorithm

已查看 35 次
跳至第一个未读帖子

Ray Trygstad

未读,
2014年8月8日 16:59:232014/8/8
收件人 google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu、ITM Faculty and Staff
Hi Folks,
Over the past two days my IIT email account has had a major change in the algorithm used to filter spam due to no actions on my part. The positive result is that my inbox is far more focused on relevant email but the downside is that a lot of email I still really need to see is now going into the spam folder--as an example, all of a colleague's Doodles to set up scheduling have gone to spam. I just wanted to point this out to everyone; it may be confined to me but this type of change in Google algorithms usually ends up reaching everyone eventually. The consequence is that you may want to check your spam folder a little more often, and if you access your email though an app like Outlook or Thunderbird, you may want to access your spam folder via the web interface so Gmail can learn what is not actually spam.
--Ray

Ray Trygstad, MSSM / 630.447.9009
Associate Chair, Department of Information Technology and Management
Director of Information Technology, IIT School of Applied Technology
Industry Professor of Information Technology and Management
Illinois Institute of Technology | School of Applied Technology
http://trygstad.rice.iit.edu/

Andre Schmidt

未读,
2014年8月8日 22:25:092014/8/8
收件人 Ray Trygstad、Google Apps at IIT Discussion、ITM Faculty and Staff
Ray,

OTS has noticed this as well and are working with Google to understand the problem and resolve it.  I agree, for now keep a closer eye on your Spam folder.

Andre
--
Andre Schmidt
Project Manager, Office of Technology Services