Google Calendar Appointment Scheduling

Ray Trygstad

Jun 30, 2012, 1:16:52 PM6/30/12
to Google Apps at IIT Discussion
You can create appointment slots on your Google calendar; this allows
anyone with a Google account--which includes all of IIT--to make an
appointment with you. As an adviser, I've found that letting students
book their own appointments has made my life sooo much easier. Details
are in the Google Apps support doc at
http://support.google.com/calendar/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=190998
.

Instead of the Google tool, I use a third party appointment app that
integrates with Google Calendar. This lets anyone make an appointment--
even it they don't have a Google account--which is key for me in
talking to prospective transfer students. The app is called
YouCanBook.Me and not surprisingly is found at http://youcanbook.me/ .
I have surrounded my version with an IIT shell; you can see it at
http://trygstad.rice.iit.edu/appointment/

--Ray

Ray Trygstad
Information Technology and Management