Opting out of Google Groups?

Tanya DePass

Apr 9, 2013, 3:40:01 PM4/9/13
to google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu
Afternoon all,

We recreated our mailing lists in Google Groups and I noticed that the opt out text & link is in the welcome to [GROUP NAME] email though I unchecked that option in the groups settings. Is there a way to not allow opting out of the group, especially if your office is using it for an email list? Many of our students will miss announcements and other important immigration information if they do not remain in the group.

Does anyone else use google groups for mailing lists?

Any help or thoughts on this topic are appreciated.

Cheers,

Tanya DePass
International Student Advisor/SEVIS Coordinator
International Center
MTCC Room 203
x7-3686

Andre Schmidt

Apr 10, 2013, 10:48:51 AM4/10/13
to Tanya DePass, Google Apps at IIT Discussion
Tanya,

Unfortunately Google Groups doesn't allow you to keep users from leaving the group. The best you can do is remove
the unsubscribe email address within the footer of the email.  To remove it, uncheck the option under Settings > Email Options.

Andre
--
Andre Schmidt
Project Manager, Emerging Technologies