Google Drive Revision Retention

Joshua LaBorde

Mar 4, 2013, 10:39:35 AM3/4/13
to google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu
Hi,

Can anyone tell me, or point me to where I can find information on, how long Google Drive will retain revision information?

Thanks,
Josh

Scott Spyrison

Mar 4, 2013, 10:44:02 AM3/4/13
to Joshua LaBorde, google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu
Hi Josh,

These are good places to start:

Someone else in the group may have some good pointers as well.

best,
scott
--
Best Regards,

Scott Spyrison
Office of Technology Services
Illinois Institute of Technology
312-567-8632 (Office)
847-868-2387 (Cell)

Joshua LaBorde

Mar 4, 2013, 7:28:24 PM3/4/13
to spyr...@iit.edu, google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu

Thanks Scott.  Looks like 30 days or 100 revisions unless chosen to not be automatically deleted.  However, I don’t seem to have options to manage versions.  Anyone know if this is something we don’t have at IIT or am I just overlooking it somewhere?

/Josh

Joshua D. LaBorde
Associate Director, Information Services & Technology
Institutional Advancement, Illinois Institute of Technology
10 West 35th Street, Suite 1700
Chicago, IL 60616
312-567-5055
312-567-5001 (fax)

www.iit.edu

Scott Spyrison

Mar 5, 2013, 1:47:27 PM3/5/13
to Joshua LaBorde, google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu
Hi Josh,

We're looking into it for you.  I think the links I sent you apply to documents uploaded in another format (i.e. doc, xls, etc).

We'll track down the limits for documents in Google format.  I saw the same as you, a doc in one of Google's formats does not have those options available.

best,
scott

Scott Spyrison

Mar 5, 2013, 2:29:16 PM3/5/13
to Joshua LaBorde, google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu
Hi Josh,

This applies to documents in Google formats:

Joshua LaBorde

Mar 5, 2013, 2:50:59 PM3/5/13
to spyr...@iit.edu, google-apps-at-ii...@iit.edu

Perfect!  Thanks so much Scott.