Re: about examination

BSCG programme Mathematics

Jun 8, 2020, 9:17:06 AM6/8/20
to Devesh Rana, BSCG-Maths
The entire course material is important for the examination. Otherwise, why should we prepare it?
The questions in assignments are tougher because they are open book essentially.
Best,
Best,

On Fri, Jun 5, 2020, 7:39 AM Devesh Rana <devesh...@gmail.com> wrote:
Respected sir , plz tell me , the final exam question paper of IGNOU bsc Bmtc131is tougher than its assignment.... Or plz tell me if I don't solve miscellaneous exercise but read whole book then can I pass the exam???

On Fri 5 Jun, 2020, 6:19 AM BSCG programme Mathematics, <bscm...@ignou.ac.in> wrote:
None of the courses in the first semester or second semester is supposed to be concept heavy. Just focus on understanding the methods now. Just solve as many different kinds of examples as possible now. You will understand things better when you study Real Analysis.
The main problem is attention span. There are so many devices competing for your attention. Your have to slowly reduce the time you spend on them. Only you know how to do it.
When we were studying, we had only one television channel. Programmes were telecast only in the evening. Movies were telecast only in the weekends. We didn't have a phone at home, what to talk of mobile phone?
So, any comparison with us will be unfair to you.
Best,

On Thu, Jun 4, 2020, 11:34 PM Anup Kumar Dubey <anupdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Please reply, if you faved same difficulties in your days, when I can't get a topic in my head, i jump and after that close the book. I don't want to, just let me know if everyone goes through the same and get a habit or m i in danger?

On Sat 30 May, 2020, 2:51 PM Anup Kumar Dubey, <anupdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
Did you encounter same difficulties as i am going through(keeping away the self study parr) in understanding the concepts, because the abstract scenario is a lot different than what the book is trying to feed you. How did your journey take place, you could share your experience, so that i can draw motivation.

On Sat 30 May, 2020, 1:26 PM BSCG programme Mathematics, <bscm...@ignou.ac.in> wrote:
Self-study is not easy.  Please see the links I sent on study skills,
especially on SQ3R
method.  We are not taught these skills at any level.  Here is video
on a well known system of
note taking, the Cornell system:
https://youtu.be/nX-xshA_0m8
Hope you will find it useful.
Best,

On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 10:49 AM Anup Kumar Dubey
<anupdu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Thank you so much, i will understand it not matter what. I will work harder.
>
> On Sat 30 May, 2020, 8:12 AM BSCG programme Mathematics, <bscm...@ignou.ac.in> wrote:
>>
>> Our material is not like market guide, where you have results and
>> examples without any motivation.  There is a lot of discussion going
>> on to motivate
>> the concepts and results.  We have tried to build in the teacher into
>> the material.
>> You are used to books that are taught by teachers in the class and teachers tell
>> many things that are not in the textbook.  So, you may find the
>> writing style a bit
>> strange in the beginning.  You will get used to it.
>> You may be able to understand the structure of our material if you see
>> this videos;
>> https://youtu.be/d0uVLSacIzA
>> https://youtu.be/8Ui2mpPDP7E
>> Our objectives are to help you formulate questions. We have provided a
>> large margin
>> so that you can make notes.
>> Here are some reference books that introduce you to the language of Mathematics:
>> https://aimath.org/textbooks/approved-textbooks/hammack/
>> https://aimath.org/textbooks/approved-textbooks/fields/
>> https://aimath.org/textbooks/approved-textbooks/sundstrom/
>> https://sites.google.com/a/snu.edu.in/amber-habib/my-books/undergraduate-mathematics---foundations
>> Here are some videos on Mathematical reasoning:
>> https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PL2419488168AE7001
>> This course has nice videos:
>> https://www.coursera.org/learn/mathematical-thinking
>>
>> Best.
>>
>> On Sat, May 30, 2020 at 1:53 AM Anup Kumar Dubey
>> <anupdu...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> >
>> > I m facing difficulties in understanding the mathematical language and find that writing style is unfamiliar, or i feel like i have been introduced to a whole new level of symbols and terminologies skipping in between syllabuses, I don't know how my base is, but it becomes easy when someone explains me. Thia is becoming so frustrating cuz i see lectures on youtube and those doesn't match the books, yeah i understand sequence and all may differ, sub headings of the book is not friendly, i feel like i am reading from in between whenever i read. I don't get the author, but this is not the case with another subject be it physics, chemistry. Please suggest me how can i cope up, cuz i am an average child want to know the mysteries of mathematics, i would love to get all the lessons in my head, but i fall short, eveytime i attempt to persuade myself to read it once again, but i hardly get the concept. This is huge i never faced this earlier, i passed my intermediate from CISCE board, please tell me where am i failing. Help.

>> --
>> Important links:
>> FAQs related to assignments.
>> https://sites.google.com/ignou.ac.in/bscgmath/frequently-asked-questions
> [...]

Devesh Rana

Jun 10, 2020, 12:04:05 AM6/10/20
to BSCG programme Mathematics, BSCG-Maths
Thank you for your response.