Help with run_tests.py

alondra

Feb 4, 2021, 1:54:15 PM2/4/21
to MAGMA User
Hello, I have installed Magma and I'm trying to run run_tests.py. When I enter it on the command line, these are the some of the results I get:
testing_sgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: s)
testing_dgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: d)
testing_cgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: c)
testing_zgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: z)
testing_sgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: s)
testing_dgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: d)
testing_cgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: c)
testing_zgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: z)
testing_sgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: s)
testing_dgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: d)
testing_cgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: c)
testing_zgemm doesn't exist (original name: testing_zgemm, precision: z)
summary
all 0 tests in 0 commands passed!....
I am not really sure why "doesn't exist" show up. Am I missing some information in my make.inc or other files? I am fairly new to this benchmark and I'm using it for research at my university. Thank you.
Alondra.

Mark Gates

Feb 4, 2021, 2:30:00 PM2/4/21
to alondra, MAGMA User
You are executing run_tests.py in the magma/testing directory? Did you compile the testers, e.g., using `make test` or `make`, not just `make lib`? They should show up in the testing directory, alongside the run_tests.py script:

[testing]$ pwd
/home/mgates/magma/testing
[testing]$ ls testing_*gemm
testing_cgemm  testing_dgemm  testing_hgemm  testing_sgemm  testing_zgemm
[testing]$ ls run_tests.py
run_tests.py

Mark

alondra

Feb 11, 2021, 1:09:56 PM2/11/21
to MAGMA User, mga...@icl.utk.edu, MAGMA User, alondra
Thank you I was not in the correct directory when doing this. I have another question. Upon executing the Magma application is there a starting point I should be in or look at. I want to understand and study power aware consumption as part of research that I am doing and would appreciate any suggestions for this. I have looked at the documentation already however any additional information would be great, if possible. Thank you.
Alondra