Hip installation magma 2.6.1 - Yuxi

BigBrother KK

Nov 3, 2021, 12:17:55 AM11/3/21
to MAGMA User
Dear Magma team,

I'm using the following make.inc examples.
make.inc-examples/make.inc.hip-gcc-openblas
then I do make lib. But I have the following error.
Could you tell what else I'm missing?

hipcc -O3 -fPIC -fopenmp -DNDEBUG -DADD_ -Wall -std=c++11 -I/opt/rocm/hip/include -D__HIP_PLATFORM_HCC__  -I/opt/rocm/hip/include -I./include -I./testing -I./control -c -o interface_cuda/alloc.o interface_cuda/alloc.cpp
interface_cuda/alloc.cpp:19:10: fatal error: 'cuda_runtime.h' file not found
#include <cuda_runtime.h>
         ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
1 error generated when compiling for gfx908.
Makefile:859: recipe for target 'interface_cuda/alloc.o' failed
make: *** [interface_cuda/alloc.o] Error 1

Best,
Yuxi

Stanimire Tomov

Nov 3, 2021, 2:27:05 AM11/3/21
to BigBrother KK, MAGMA User
Hello,

This is indeed a problem (I just reproduced it).
This version of magma added hip and several ways to install magma.
Installing with the makefiles from the tarball uses a file called Makefile.gen that
is generated for cuda, so the makefiles now give wrong results (trying to compile for cuda).

The easiest way to fix this is if you can take magma directly from the repo:

and try installing with the make.inc file that you mentioned.

If you have to use the tarball, another way is to use cmake.
We will fix this issue with the next release.

Thanks,
Stan

BigBrother KK

Nov 3, 2021, 3:01:02 AM11/3/21