Reduction of kernel launch time in MAGMA native functions

aran nokan

Sep 21, 2021, 1:07:17 PM9/21/21
to MAGMA User
Hi,

I hope you are well.

I have a question about gaps that we have in native versions of MAGMA code. Is it possible to do something to reduce this kernel launch time? or did you do something to reduce kernel launch?

Best regards,
Aran

Ahmad Abdelfattah

Sep 24, 2021, 9:13:02 AM9/24/21
to aran nokan, MAGMA User
The launch overheads are not the only reason for observing gaps in the GPU trace. The kernel launch overhead is a property of the runtime, and we cannot change it. However, sometimes we are able to use fewer kernel calls, which reduces the number of launches.

Ahmad