Moving to next line after a certain ammount of time

tomas seguel carreno

May 17, 2022, 9:19:15 PM5/17/22
to MAGMA User
Hi there!
 I was wondering if there is a command to move into next line after Magma console has been compiling for let's say 10 minutes. More specifically i have
for k in [0 .. end] do
commands;
end for;
and the commands can take 10 seconds or in certain cases hours, so i would like to run the commands for a certain ammount of time and if magma doesn't have an answer yet i would like to move to the next item of the for.

I would deeply appreciate any answer.

Mark Gates

May 18, 2022, 10:05:35 AM5/18/22
to tomas seguel carreno, MAGMA User
Hi Tomas,

It's unclear, but I think you may be referring to the Magma Computational Algebra System (http://magma.maths.usyd.edu.au/magma/), whereas this list is for the MAGMA library (Matrix Algebra on GPU and Multicore Architectures, http://icl.utk.edu/magma/).

Mark