Lookahead for GETRF Native

aran nokan

Mar 24, 2021, 2:02:36 PM3/24/21
to MAGMA User
Hi,

I am checking the code of dgetrf (native mode) to see how lookahead is working, but I am not able to detect it. I am seeing two queues but I think one queue is just for providing the pivot list. Could you please give me some hint ?

Best regards,
A.N.

Ahmad Abdelfattah

Mar 24, 2021, 3:29:11 PM3/24/21
to aran nokan, MAGMA User
Ideally, the panel is executed on queues[0] while the update is on queues[1].

In some cases, depending on which panel kernel is being invoked, the panel on queues[0] need to synchronize with queues[1]. Refer to src/zgetf2_native.cpp for more details. Keep in mind that, since everything is on the GPU in the native mode, the expected overlap from the lookahead might not be full.

Thanks,
Ahmad