A cry for help from a man on the verge of a breakdown

Jan 9, 2024, 1:31:55 PMJan 9
to forum
Dear HYCOM staff:
I am a student in China and downloaded a large amount of hycom flow data for research needs. But I didn't realize until today that there is a line on the website that says 'Do not use more than 1 concurrent connections per IP address when downloading data from ncss.hycom.org. ". In the attachment I have attached the program I used to download the HYCOM data based on matlab.
I want to know what happens if I run two of these programs on one computer at the same time to download u and v. This problem is torturing me, please help me!
Thank you in advance!
a student
downloaddata.m

Alan Wallcraft

Jan 9, 2024, 2:31:04 PMJan 9
to HYCOM.org Forum, a
The computer you are using for multiple connections may get blocked.

If this has not happened yet, I suggest you comply with the guidelines (1 connection/program only per computer) to avoid the possibility of being blocked.

Alan.

Dantonio Corrado

Jan 11, 2024, 10:17:21 AMJan 11
to HYCOM.org Forum, Alan Wallcraft, a
Hi Alan
You mean that the using multiple connections would just get blocked, and would not cause dowloading wrong data?

Dan

Alan Wallcraft

Jan 11, 2024, 10:58:39 AMJan 11
to HYCOM.org Forum, Dantonio Corrado, Alan Wallcraft, a
Yes.

The guidelines are to prevent overloading our servers.  So far as I know, you should never get the wrong data, so there is no need to repeat your existing downloads.

Alan.

Dantonio Corrado

Jan 11, 2024, 11:03:17 AMJan 11
to HYCOM.org Forum, Alan Wallcraft, Dantonio Corrado, a
Hi Alan
I appreciate you responding to my question.

Dan

Dantonio Corrado

Jan 11, 2024, 11:10:57 AMJan 11
to HYCOM.org Forum, Alan Wallcraft, Dantonio Corrado, a
Hi Alan
I have another question in another post in the group that has been bothering me for a long time, so if you can answer that one, I'd appreciate it!
Dan
在2024年1月11日星期四 UTC+8 23:58:39<Alan Wallcraft> 写道: