Time steep NAVGEM

Panfilo Masciangioli

Jan 30, 2024, 8:07:19 AMJan 30
to fo...@hycom.org
Good morning.
I am using NAVGEM (erdNavgem05D10mWind_LonPM180) to download wind data. Time steep is 6 hour. I wonder if the reported speed is the 6 hours average, the one hour average, the 10 minutes average, an instantaneous value, or something else.
That is very important, because I will try to use the data to do extreme values analysis.
Thank you for your help.

Alan Wallcraft

Jan 30, 2024, 10:35:55 AMJan 30
to HYCOM.org Forum, Panfilo Masciangioli
They are instantaneous values, and are every 3 hours.

The "std" fields are directly from NAVGEM and the "sec" fields are statistically corrected to scatterometer winds.

Alan.