Attn: Michael McDonald, HYCOM grid GLBy0.08 issue

Whaling, Isabel C CIV USN NUWC DIV NEWPORT RI (USA)

Apr 5, 2024, 8:03:00 AMApr 5
to webm...@hycom.org, fo...@hycom.org
Hello,
I have been having an issue downloading the GLBy0.08 grid to use in tandem with GLBy0.08 data. The grid for GLBv0.08 seems to be available at this link and have been using it in my MATLAB/PowerShell scripts for downloads of large data sets (pre-2023), but when I change just the 'v' to a 'y' in the hyperlink, (to download data from 2023 on the 'y' grid) the script cannot fine the topo file that I need to do my analysis. Is the grid to GLBy0.08 hiding somewhere that I can't find or is it not available online? Please let me know! Any help would be greatly appreciated.

V/R,
Isabel Whaling
Oceanographer, Code 8512
Naval Undersea Warfare Center
1176 Howell St.
Newport, RI 02841

(O) 401-832-6664

(M) 401-910-6064

Michael McDonald

Apr 10, 2024, 1:11:34 PMApr 10
to Whaling, Isabel C CIV USN NUWC DIV NEWPORT RI (USA), fo...@hycom.org
Isabel,
Thanks for letting us know about the missing "topo" folder. It was
accidentally dropped from the automount list. It has been fixed and
the GLBy grid topo files should be visible now via data.hycom.org

https://data.hycom.org/datasets/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/topo/
--
Michael McDonald
HYCOM.org Administrator