GoM reanalysis

Rodrigo Duran

Apr 6, 2022, 12:01:40 PM4/6/22
to forum
Hi,

Ths page for the GoM reanalysis mentions forcing comes CFSR:

However, CFSR ran through 2009 and 50.1 ran through 2012.  I'd like to ask which other forcing may have been used and make sure that the forcing is realistic

Thanks!
Rodrigo.

Alan Wallcraft

Apr 6, 2022, 1:27:51 PM4/6/22
to HYCOM.org Forum, duran...@gmail.com
For all our Reanalysis products:

Note that CFSR and CFSv2 shortwave is not accurate in the Gulf of Mexico.  So the "-sea" forcing (used in all our existing reanalysis products) can be replaced by the "-sec" (for sea and corrected) version that is corrected using CERES monthly means.  You can compare these two products (sea and sec) to get an idea of how different they are in the Gulf of Mexico.

Alan.