Blocked IP Address

Hannah Blumberg

May 31, 2022, 9:59:33 AM5/31/22
to HYCOM.org Forum
Hello!

I ran a script that made multiple simultaneous requests to ncss.hycom.org. As a result, I believe my IP address got blocked.

1. Would it be possible to have my IP address removed from the blocklist? If so, where should I direct that request? (I would prefer not to post my IP address here.)
2. What are the limits to requesting data from ncss.hycom.org? I want to make sure my download scripts are as efficient as possible without overloading HYCOM (or getting myself blocked again).

Thanks in advance!

Best,
Hannah

Michael McDonald

May 31, 2022, 5:36:27 PM5/31/22
to Hannah Blumberg, HYCOM.org Forum
Hannah,
From the forum.hycom.org Welcome/FAQs message,

* Do not subset more than 1 day at a time using ncss.hycom.org
* Do not use more than 2 concurrent connections per IP address when
downloading data from ncss.hycom.org

Please PM me your public-facing IP address and will check the systems
for any blocks.