Request for subsurface temperature data at a depth of 100 m (T100m)

nastaran hashemi

Jan 19, 2024, 8:05:17 AMJan 19
to HYCOM.org Forum
Hello

I need subsurface temperature data at a depth of 100 m (T100m) in Oman Sea.

Please help me to download it.

Thank You.

Michael McDonald

Jan 20, 2024, 8:47:18 AMJan 20
to nastaran hashemi, HYCOM.org Forum
What time range/period are you interested in? e.g., TODAY+7.5 days
into the future (i.e., forecasts) OR historical data from TODAY's date
going back?

What are the lat/lon domain boundaries that you would define the "Oman
Sea" with?

e.g., Bounding box, in decimal degrees (the NCSS defaults below are
the extents of the model domain):
north (90.0000)
south (-80.0000)
west (0.0000)
east (359.9200)

NCSS subsetting is one option to just get water_temp at a *single*
depth level (100m) for a "Single time". "ncks" (client-side tool from
NCO) is also an option depending on your data needs.

https://ncss.hycom.org/thredds/ncss/grid/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/dataset.html

--
Michael McDonald
HYCOM.org Administrator

nastaran hashemi

Jan 23, 2024, 1:21:10 PMJan 23
to HYCOM.org Forum, Michael McDonald, HYCOM.org Forum, nastaran hashemi
Thank you for your response.
I would like to predict a phenomenon in the Oman Sea. north=28.01   west=54.9   east=75.03   south=14.84
For deep learning model, I need large amount of data. One of the parameters is subsurface temperature (T100). Is the following data suitable for my work?
https://tds.hycom.org/thredds/catalogs/GLBv0.08/expt_53.X.html

Michael McDonald

Jan 24, 2024, 8:39:01 AMJan 24
to nastaran hashemi, HYCOM.org Forum
Likely, yes. The GOFS 3.1: 41-layer HYCOM + NCODA Global 1/12°
Reanalysis would be a good consistent dataset to use for training a
model as this includes the longest dataset time series covering 1994
to 2015, https://www.hycom.org/dataserver/gofs-3pt1/reanalysis

If you need data past 2015 then the GOFS 3.1: 41-layer HYCOM + NCODA
Global 1/12° Analysis can continue from 2016 up to the present
spanning several experiments. See here,
https://www.hycom.org/dataserver/gofs-3pt1/analysis