FINDING hycom_ALL.tar.gz FILE

Juma Shahid

Feb 21, 2024, 2:37:28 PMFeb 21
to fo...@hycom.org
Hello,

I am a student trying to understand and use HYCOM modelling to analyze OTEC potential for a certain study area in Kenya. I cannot however seem to find the subject file as instructed by the HYCOM for DUMMIES documentation. Please assist.

I found the HYCOM-src-2.3.00.tar.gz file from github

Alan Wallcraft

Feb 22, 2024, 9:37:28 AMFeb 22
to HYCOM.org Forum, Juma Shahid
The dummies files are out of date.  Most of its advice likely still works, but HYCOM is now on github.

The main page is HYCOM.org

HYCOM-tools replaces ALL and HYCOM-src replaces the src tar bundle and HYCOM-examples has some examples.  Each of these has a wiki which will be more up to date than the dummies document.

Alan.

Juma Shahid

Feb 24, 2024, 4:58:42 AMFeb 24
to Alan Wallcraft, HYCOM.org Forum