Downlaod from http server

psp407

Jul 14, 2024, 5:23:32 AM (8 days ago) Jul 14
to HYCOM.org Forum
Dear Hycom Team,

I am using cronjob to download Hycom initial data from http server for the past week,
but experience a forbidden access today,
I haven't used more than 8 connections at a time.
The IP is 218.188.94.xxx.
The data download is for running model for operational weather forecasting purpose.
Could you please help?

Regards,
Kate

Michael McDonald

Jul 16, 2024, 6:41:17 PM (5 days ago) Jul 16
to psp407, HYCOM.org Forum
Kate,
There might have been a server reboot/outage at the time you were
making these queries as I do not see this IP mask in the
firewall/fail2ban logs.
We need to know the specific server address/URL you are using to
download hycom data. Please provide these details and we can look into
this issue deeper.

Please review the Forum README here,
https://www.hycom.org/forum/readme
> --
> --

Michael McDonald
HYCOM.org Administrator

psp407

Jul 16, 2024, 10:46:05 PM (5 days ago) Jul 16
to HYCOM.org Forum, Michael McDonald, HYCOM.org Forum, psp407
Dear Michael,

My cronjob used the following url to download everyday the latest run of uv3z, ts3z, ssh, sur when experienced the download issue last Sunday,

I changed to using the ftp url yesterday.

Is there a preference in using the http or ftp url in this situation?

Thank you for your help.

Regards,
Kate
Michael McDonald 在 2024年7月17日 星期三清晨6:41:17 [UTC+8] 的信中寫道: