Issues with HYCOM GLBT0.08 Example

xing cong

May 4, 2024, 11:16:03 AMMay 4
to HYCOM.org Forum
Dear HYCOM Support Team,

I hope this message finds you well.

I have been trying to use the GLBT0.08 example in the HYCOM package, but I encountered an issue while attempting to use the `get_Data.csh` script to fetch the necessary data. The error messages are as follows:

```
--ftp://ftp.hycom.org/pub/GitHub/HYCOM-examples/GLBT0.08/datasets/GLBT0.08_737_DATA1.tar.gz
           => ‘GLBT0.08_737_DATA1.tar.gz’
Resolving ftp.hycom.org (ftp.hycom.org)... failed: Name or service not known.
wget: unable to resolve host address ‘ftp.hycom.org
```

It seems that the script is unable to resolve the `ftp.hycom.org` address.

Additionally, I have successfully compiled the HYCOM source code. However, when running the example, I noticed that a `patch.input` file is required. I am uncertain about the purpose of this file or what content should be included in it.

截屏2024-05-04 22.11.59.png

Could you please provide some guidance on how to resolve these issues? Any help you can offer regarding the `patch.input` file and the data fetching process would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your assistance.

Best regards,
Xing Cong

Michael McDonald

May 4, 2024, 11:21:07 AMMay 4
to xing cong, HYCOM.org Forum
If ftp.hycom.org is not working for you, then you can try the http/https mirror with the same path, just "data" instead of "FTP", e.g.,

Michael McDonald
HYCOM.org Administrator

xing cong

May 4, 2024, 11:30:03 AMMay 4
to HYCOM.org Forum, Michael McDonald, HYCOM.org Forum, xing cong
OK,thanks,It is very help for me!I can get this data, now.
By the way,I am uncertain about the purpose of 'patch.input' and what content should be included in it. Could you help me clear up this confusion?

Alan Wallcraft

May 4, 2024, 11:41:19 AMMay 4
to HYCOM.org Forum, xing cong, Michael McDonald, HYCOM.org Forum
The GLBT0.08 case has prebuilt patch.input files.

Alan.