Selecting specific dates from HYCOM analysis not possible anymore with THREDDS?

Thomas Schwitalla

Jul 5, 2024, 11:48:11 AMJul 5
to Fo...@hycom.org
Hello,

I want to download sea ice thickness (sih), mixed layer depth (mixed_layer_thickness) and water temperature (water_temp) for October 1, 2023.
However I cannot select a specific date anymore using this website:
https://ncss.hycom.org/thredds/ncss/grid/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/ice/dataset.html

After a while I get this error message:
NCSS response too large = 121533539400 max = 1000000000

I know that selecting a specific was possible in the past (at least in October 2023).
Is there any chance to change the NCSS request URL manually so that I can include a specific date?

I also noticed that the THREDDS website is extremely slow while loading.

Best regards,
Thomas
--
Dr. Thomas Schwitalla