ncss.hycom.com issues

Matthew Muscato

Jun 28, 2024, 2:36:45 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to HYCOM.org Forum
Good day,  been having some issues over the last few days getting hindcast data using the NetCDF subset method. I just checked the uptime page and it appears ncss.hycom.com has been down the last few days. Is there an update for this server at all?

Thanks!

Matthew Muscato

Jun 28, 2024, 2:51:38 PM (4 days ago) Jun 28
to HYCOM.org Forum, Matthew Muscato
My apologies on the URL typo. ncss.hycom.org is not working.

Michael McDonald

Jun 29, 2024, 3:32:30 PM (3 days ago) Jun 29
to Matthew Muscato, HYCOM.org Forum
Matthew,

Sorry, but we do not have good news regarding "ncss.hycom.org" and
"tds.hycom.org" uptime issues. There's an unknown issue causing these
data services to flap from working to dead. We are working on a
solution for this. In the meantime, we recommend using the
direct/whole data download access methods that are still operational,

e.g., please try the following access methods.

HTTP/HTTPS:
https://www.hycom.org/dataserver/access-methods/http-https

rsync:
https://www.hycom.org/dataserver/access-methods/rsync

FTP/FTPS:
https://www.hycom.org/dataserver/access-methods/ftp-ftps

On Fri, Jun 28, 2024 at 2:36 PM Matthew Muscato <mmu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good day, been having some issues over the last few days getting hindcast data using the NetCDF subset method. I just checked the uptime page and it appears ncss.hycom.com has been down the last few days. Is there an update for this server at all?
>
> Thanks!
>
> --
> --

Michael McDonald