FTPS passive data port range needed

Patrick Tripp

May 15, 2024, 10:16:46 AMMay 15
to HYCOM.org Forum
Hi,

What passive data port range is being used by the ftp.hycom.org FTPS server?

I see the server is using some range around 55000-60000 from my connection timeout errors.

I'm trying to use the ftps://ftp.hycom.org server, but it appears the client side firewall is blocking the passive data ports. I want to verify the actual ports configured for your ftps server before asking my client to reconfigure their firewall to allow these ports.

Thank you,
Patrick

Alan Wallcraft

May 15, 2024, 11:30:58 AMMay 15
to HYCOM.org Forum, Patrick Tripp
Have you tried HTTP/HTTPS Access? This is typically more firewall friendly than ftps and it also works in a web browser.

Alan.

Patrick Tripp

May 15, 2024, 1:56:47 PMMay 15
to HYCOM.org Forum, Alan Wallcraft, Patrick Tripp
Yes, I am also using HTTP. The Internet speed is extremely slow on the server I am downloading to and I am trying to add an extra 8 FTP downloads.

Thanks,
Patrick