HYCOM Data Gap in 2013 for region within 0 - 180E

Yingjie Li

May 19, 2022, 3:20:03 PM5/19/22
to HYCOM.org Forum
Hi, I am using your HYCOM data (salinity, temperature, velocity) on the Google Earth Engine platform, and found there is no data in 2013 for regions within 0 - 180 E (see the attached screenshot or run the code here https://code.earthengine.google.com/eceab99169bb66e86367312de17a79fa).

I was wondering if this is the data gap in your original data set or some mistakes made by Google.

Thanks,
Eric
2345截图20220518234117.png

Yingjie Li

May 19, 2022, 4:40:23 PM5/19/22
to HYCOM.org Forum, Yingjie Li
Just want to make sure there is no data gap in your original dataset. Thanks.

Alan Wallcraft

May 20, 2022, 8:30:15 AM5/20/22
to HYCOM.org Forum, yingji...@gmail.com
The plot is the mean from June 1st to August 15 of 2013.  It would be easier to check if a single day was involved.

I'm also not sure which hycom.org dataset has been sampled for 2013, although it is probably the GOFS 3.0 analysis.  The attached plot is Aug 1st 2013.

You can download a netcdf of level 1 temperature (say) on a single day via our netcdf subsetting service:

Alan.
ncview.water_temp.gif