force

chu yubin

Oct 6, 2022, 10:38:32 AMOct 6
to HYCOM.org Forum
Dear Alan,

I'm sorry to bother you again. I want to generate an ideal wind stress by CFSV2-SEC2_2021_01HR_UV-10M. Nc, the data from February 16 to 23 were changed, and the rest of the data were unchanged. When I generated the ideal wind NC file, I set scale_factor=1 and add_offset=0. However, forced. wndnwd. b is different from the forced. wndnwd. b generated by cfSV2_2021(as figures shown at model day 43872). Is that right? If not, what should I do to generate nc file?

Best regards,
CHU YUBIN

forcing.wndnwd(cfsv2).png
forcing.wndnwd(idealized).png

Alan Wallcraft

Oct 6, 2022, 3:36:33 PMOct 6
to HYCOM.org Forum, chu yubin
If the winds are stored as shorts, do they have the same scale_factor and add_offset (the latter should be 0.0)?

Otherwise I suggest plotting the fields on your grid, or form the difference and plot that (or just read the min and max from the .b file if they are small enough).

the difference can be formed using something like:

hycom_expr fin1.a fin2.a idm jdm 1.0 -1.0 fout.a > fout.b

Alan.