GLBy0.08/expt 93 Updates

Chris

Oct 2, 2023, 9:10:16 AM10/2/23
to HYCOM.org Forum
Hello, I normally access the latest datasets at the link below. It seems that the updates stopped occurring after Sept 29, 2023. Is this dataset still being updated? Or is something causing a delay?

http://data.hycom.org/datasets/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/data/hindcasts/2023/

Thanks,
Chris

Patrick Tripp

Oct 2, 2023, 11:58:47 AM10/2/23
to HYCOM.org Forum, Chris
I have also noticed the same thing on http://tds.hycom.org/thredds/fileServer/datasets/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/data/forecasts/. There is no new data since 9/29.

mark

Oct 3, 2023, 11:00:29 AM10/3/23
to HYCOM.org Forum, Patrick Tripp, Chris
Any status report on the GLBy0.08 data?  (/datasets/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/data/hindcasts/2023) No new postings for most of the products since 09/29?

Thanks,

Mark

Michael McDonald

Oct 3, 2023, 11:23:21 AM10/3/23
to mark, HYCOM.org Forum, Patrick Tripp, Chris
We are waiting on the Navy for technical support. There might be
computing/storage issues impacting the model/data updates. Updates
will follow.
> --
> --

Michael McDonald
HYCOM.org Administrator

Joseph Spain

Oct 12, 2023, 8:21:48 PM10/12/23
to HYCOM.org Forum, Michael McDonald, HYCOM.org Forum, Patrick Tripp, Chris, mark
Greetings, Michael. Do you know if there is an update on this issue? As others reported, I am also unable to acquire the GLBy0.08 data after 9/28/2023.

Kind regards,
Joseph

Michael McDonald

Oct 13, 2023, 9:15:38 AM10/13/23
to Joseph Spain, HYCOM.org Forum, Patrick Tripp, Chris, mark
The navy access issue was resolved and all forecasts are up to date.
https://tds.hycom.org/thredds/catalog/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/FMRC/runs/catalog.html

If you are experiencing other access issues, then please share your details.

Joseph Spain

Oct 13, 2023, 4:39:44 PM10/13/23
to HYCOM.org Forum, Michael McDonald, HYCOM.org Forum, Joseph Spain
Thank you for responding, Michael. I increased the 'waitretry' and 'read-timeout' and 'timeout' parameter values in my ncss script to 600 seconds. The files are slowly downloading again, although some still failing occasionally. It seems related to the slow server issues others have reported, which you clarified in the thread below.

For clarity, I'm requesting a very tiny area (e.g., only four gridpoints in a rectangle from GLBy0.08) for one day at a time, and only for 'water_u' and 'water_v', but I am requesting all depths and the resulting nc4 file ends up around 31.9 kb for each day. Usually, the servers are very fast, even with much larger requests, and the downloads were fast before the Navy issue back around Sep 29, but I realize it's probably just coincidental and unrelated.

Kind regards,
Joseph

Tommy Owens

Oct 16, 2023, 11:25:33 AM10/16/23
to HYCOM.org Forum
I'm setting up a job to extract MLT and I see forecasts listed under:
thredds/catalog/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/FMRC/runs/catalog.html :
      GLBy0.08_930_FMRC_RUN_2023-10-13T12:00:00
      GLBy0.08_930_FMRC_RUN_2023-10-12T12:00:00Z

That are not available in the surface fields list:
thredds/catalog/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/FMRC/sur/runs/catalog.html

Tommy

Michael McDonald

Oct 19, 2023, 4:39:08 PM10/19/23
to Tommy Owens, HYCOM.org Forum
Tommy,
Thanks for bringing this to my attention. I have re-downloaded the
missing "sur" forecast runs (10-18-2023 ~ 10-13-2023).

Mark Hess

Jan 12, 2024, 12:03:18 PMJan 12
to Michael McDonald, fo...@hycom.org
Hi Michael,

I know your service is only a demonstration product and you do not guarantee timely delivery, but in case you missed it, the GLBy0.08/expt 93 products (/datasets/GLBy0.08/expt_93.0/data/hindcasts/2024 _ts3z, _ssh and _uv3z) for 01/11 did not post yesterday. Just a head-up.

Thanks much!

-Mark