Problem in Extracting/Opening HYCOM currents NetCDF files in GNOME

842 Ankur Siwach

Jun 7, 2024, 10:56:28 AMJun 7
to HYCOM.org Forum
Dear Forum,
For the Past few Days I have been Having trouble with opening netcdf files in GNOME of HYCOM currents.
I do the extraction using python codes, for changing netcdf file to .loc, .lsf, .tx or .csv file format but in any of specified format its unable to open in GNOME.
I am hoping someone can help with this.
Thanks,
Ankur Siwach

Alan Wallcraft

Jun 11, 2024, 10:47:20 AMJun 11
to HYCOM.org Forum, 842 Ankur Siwach
Is the extraction failing in your python code?

On thing you can try is the  ncdump command:

ncdump -h file.nc

or for variable "var" as text (may be very large).

ncdump -v var file.nc

If these fail then there is something wrong with file.nc.  Otherwise python is failing to read a valid .nc file for some reason.

Alan.