Subject: Availability of Tidally Forced HYCOM12 and HYCOM25 Data Sets Referenced in Buijsman et al. 2018 Ocean Modelling

Leming Van

Feb 2, 2024, 3:49:21 AMFeb 2
to fo...@hycom.org
Dear Forum Members,

I am writing to inquire about the current availability of the HYCOM12 and HYCOM25 data sets that incorporate tidal forcing, as referenced in the study by Buijsman et al., published in 2018 in Ocean Modelling.

As part of my ongoing research, I am interested in exploring the dynamics of ocean tides and their representation in numerical models. The HYCOM12 and HYCOM25 models, with their inclusion of tidal forcing, are particularly relevant to my work.

Could you please inform me whether these data sets are now publicly available for use, and if so, how they can be accessed? Any guidance on obtaining these resources or suggestions for equivalent alternatives would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time and assistance. I look forward to your response and any help you can provide in facilitating my research endeavors.

Best regards,

Leming

Alan Wallcraft

Feb 5, 2024, 8:42:48 AMFeb 5
to HYCOM.org Forum, Leming Van
The only model data sets with tides available here are for the Gulf of Mexico, which is not a region where tides are prominent.

Alan.