I encountered an issue during the dataset application process.

Kayla Abby

Jul 10, 2024, 11:12:38 AM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to HCP-Users, hcp-...@humanconnectome.org

Dear Administrator,

I encountered an issue during the dataset application process. Specifically, I am seeking access to the ABCD/CCF data repository. Following the prescribed tutorial, I initially registered an eRA commons account and obtained an active FWA, then completed the Data Usage Certification (DUC) in the NDA to request access to the ABCD/CCF data repository. Following the instructions in the tutorial, I should have saved the DUC, had it signed by the signing officer, and then resubmitted the signed document to complete the application. At this point, however, I encountered an issue. Instead of receiving the results shown in Figure 1 of the tutorial, I immediately received a rejection email (Figures 2 and 3 show that our application was immediately rejected, Figure 4 is our Data Usage Certification (DUC), and Figure 5 is my account profile,

Figure 6 is our organization's era commons account, Figure 7 shows our active FWA). I am not sure where I went wrong. Could you provide me with some valuable insights on the areas where I may be making mistakes?

I would greatly appreciate your guidance.

Thank you!
Yours

* Username or email address of account holder

Username: wangzheding

email: wangz...@stumail.nwu.edu.cn

* Full grant number, Data Access Request (DAR) ID, or Collection ID

Original Data Access Request (DAR) ID: 19251

Current Data Access Request (DAR) ID: 19283

* Screenshot of your issue including the URL and date/time of when issue occurred

data/time: 07/08/2024

Screenshot of your issue: As follow

Elam, Jennifer

Jul 10, 2024, 11:38:07 AM (6 days ago) Jul 10
to HCP-Users
Hi Zheding,
Unfortunately, your screenshots did not come through. It sounds like you are attempting to follow the steps in the Lifespan 2.0 Data Access and Download Instructions. I would reach out to the NDA helpdesk: nda...@mail.nih.gov  for guidance and send them your signed Data Use Certification (DUC).

Best,
Jenn

Jennifer Elam, Ph.D.
Scientific Outreach, Human Connectome Project
Department of Neuroscience, Box 8108
660 South Euclid Avenue
St. Louis, MO 63110
314-362-9387
el...@wustl.edu
www.humanconnectome.org

Jul 11, 2024, 2:56:28 PM (4 days ago) Jul 11
to HCP-Users, el...@wustl.edu

Dear Jenn,

Thank you very much for your response. I will contact the authorized official to get our DUC signed. After that, could I send the signed DUC to your email so that you can help us submit it to the NDA helpdesk for the review of our dataset application? Currently, we are unable to directly update the signed DUC in the NDA system (as shown in Figure 1, our application was immediately rejected without the opportunity to update). Despite repeatedly emailing the NDA helpdesk to resolve this issue, we have consistently received only one type of response (as shown in Figure 2), which has not helped us resolve the problem. It seems that the screenshots have not been sent again, but in short, it is difficult for us to solve this problem by ourselves now. If you agree, I will send the signed DUC to your email. Thank you again for your response and assistance! If there is anything we can do to assist you, please let us know, and we will actively cooperate.

Best regards,

Zheding

1720668673576.jpg
1720668632482.jpg

Elam, Jennifer

Jul 11, 2024, 3:24:00 PM (4 days ago) Jul 11
to Kayla Abby, HCP-Users
Hi Zheding,
Did you submit/upload your NDA DUC with all required fields filled out and signed by your institutional signing official? In my experience the NDA only accepts institutional signing officials which have been added to NDA's list for your institution and appear in the Data Access Request UI. In communicating with the NDA, you should ask specifically why your request is being rejected, what is missing, or if it is a problem with your institution. If you like, you can send your signed DUC, but I will not be able to help you submit it to NDA. The only way to submit is through the Data Permissions page in your account.  Have you also tried emailing your signed DUC to "NIMH Data Archive Help Desk" <nda...@mail.nih.gov>?